Updated: Jun 10, 2018
5 Things You Need to Know When Deciding to Join the Natural Hair Movement
Welcome to the Nappy Pat Hair and Beauty blog! Here you will find all things fabulous in the world of natural/textured beauty, hair and products! We cater to the Naturlista Sista!
“Embrace Your Natural Texture Hair.”
It can be quite scary when you finally decide that you are going to rock your natural God-Given hair. I've been working as a hair care professional for more than 30 years and I specialize in Natural and Textured Hair. Many of my clients decided to join the natural hair movement and I was absolutely ecstatic!
But what I soon realized was that my clients were completely unaware of the maintenance that follows the decision of maintaining natural hair. Below you'll find my top 5 tips that I shared with my clients during there transition to join the natural hair movement.
5 Tips for Maintaining Natural Hair
1. Shampoo & condition your hair once every two weeks
2. Get a stream treatment to assist with hydrating your hair
3. Wear a sating bonnet every night to keep the hair from breakage and drying out
4. Don't overuse or abuse products *especially oils and moisturizers*
5. Book regular hair appointments with your stylist
Hopefully these few tips will help you on your journey to joining the natural hair movement! Until next time Naturalistas...Keep it happy, nappy, and classy! MUAH!
The Prodigy of Textured Hair